Job Opening 1: Case Manager
PROP is seeking a detail-oriented, community-minded individual to join a passionate and highly collaborative social service team as a Case Manager. We take pride in working within our values of client-centered compassion, integrity, and respect. We support an inclusive and collaborative culture with flexibility and a space for fun. PROP Case Managers provide assessment and advocacy by connecting clients who need additional support and services to internal or community resources. In addition to being a point of contact with new clients of our food shelf, Case Managers work collaboratively with the Social Services team to partner with all clients, building relationships and supporting a path toward self-sufficiency and self-advocacy.
- Two or more years of case management or client/customer-facing work experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills (active listening, conflict resolution, informed consent, etc.)
- Experience with direct service to marginalized and under-resourced communities (some knowledge of emergency housing and financial programs in the 7-county Metro is helpful)
- Practiced attention to detail (particularly as it relates to accuracy in paperwork, calculations, and following guidelines)
- Lived experience or knowledge of historic and systemic oppression and the continuing impact on many cultural communities
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office and experience with data entry in database systems
- Ability to successfully work in a busy environment with complex, sometimes competing objectives
- Bilingual Spanish, bilingual Somali, or social work licensure preferred
TO LEARN MORE CLICK HERE
HOW TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter that specifically addresses requested experience and responsibilities and tells us why you see yourself as a great match. Please send to email@example.com with the subject line “PROP Case Manager”. Applicants will be screened as they are received and the position will be filled when the best candidate is identified. No phone calls, please.
Job Opening 2: Client Services Coordinator
PROP is seeking a Client Services Coordinator to join an innovative and passionate nonprofit team. We take pride in working within our values of compassion, integrity, and respect. We support an inclusive and collaborative culture of professionalism with flexibility and a space for fun.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills, sound administration skills, and excellent attention to detail
- Experience working in human service and/or nonprofit setting preferred
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Experience in a supervisory role preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing activities
- A compassionate and direct approach to service
- Proficient computer skills
- Bi-lingual skills preferred (Spanish, Russian or Somali)
TO LEARN MORE CLICK HERE
- HOW TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume outlining qualifications, experience, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be screened as they are received, and the position will be filled when the best candidate is identified. Applicants should specifically address the required experience in detail for consideration. No phone calls, please.
FEEDING KIDS ALL SUMMER LONG WITH PROP
Summer is quickly approaching and even though the pandemic has changed a lot of things, kids needing food isn’t one of them! During the summer, when children do not receive free/reduced lunch at school, we provide additional food to their families. Families often have difficulty securing enough food in the summer months.
PROP’s Summer Food for Kids Program remains a vital part of our mission to keep everyone fed. This program provides families with children (0-18) with extra healthy kid-friendly foods (fresh fruits and veggies, dairy items like cheese and yogurt, and fan favorites like peanut butter, jelly and granola bars) during the summer months.
Gift Match Challenge We are excited to announce a $15,000 gift match for our Summer Food For Kids Program by generous local donors! Between now and June 30, every dollar you donate, up to $15,000 will be doubled!
Will you take the Summer Food for Kids Gift Match Challenge? Donate today and your donation has DOUBLE the IMPACT!
50 years. PROP Yesterday. PROP Today. And PROP for Tomorrow.
Building a Strong Community by Funding the Future
The leadership of PROP Food Shelf is dedicated to being at the center of change for generations to come and has embarked on a campaign to set a course for our neighbors in need. Through PROP’s Endowment Campaign, PROP is joining forces with our philanthropic partners and friends to raise $50,000 to continue to invest in our core mission to strengthen Eden Prairie and Chanhassen’s only Food Shelf and fuel our mission to end hunger in the community.
It’s A Match.
Double your impact with a gift to PROP’s Endowment Campaign. Now through end of the 2021 calendar year, every dollar donated, up to $25,000, will be matched dollar-for-dollar.
We are on a mission to feed, nourish and strengthen our community for years to come…please join us for this exciting journey.
Your campaign gifts drive:
Our capacity to fulfill our mission to help those in crisis
Our commitment to make a difference in our community
Our promise to the future to leave a legacy to help our neighbors in need
Many services. One goal.
PROP was founded on the principle of neighbors helping neighbors, by donating time, food, and money to those in need. We offer support through an array of programs to help people get back on their feet, regain control, and live a life where they can thrive – today and tomorrow.
Investing Safely with the St. Paul & Minnesota Foundation
The Saint Paul & Minnesota Foundation is a statewide community foundation that began in 1940, serves all of Minnesota and today stewards $1.7 billion in charitable assets for community good. The St. Paul & Minnesota Foundation PROP Endowment Fund channels charitable gifts into a single investment fund that builds over time and provides PROP with a reliable source of annual income — now and in the future. The Foundation’s expert team provides professional management of our endowment assets to ensure the longevity of PROP. Endowment funds are vital to ensuring the food shelf will continue to fulfill its mission of feeding, nourishing and strengthening our community.
Endowment Fund Giving Options
Donors can make a contribution directly to the Endowment Fund at any time.
Checks should be made payable to PROP Endowment Fund.
There are also many ways to make a planned gift to support PROP. We encourage you to work with your financial advisor to choose an option that is right for you.
All bequests received by PROP will be designated to the Endowment Fund unless otherwise specified by the donor.
Questions? Email Mary Brown at email@example.com or call 952-200-5731
All contributions to PROP, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Internal Revenue Services (IRS) regulations requires us to inform you that, in return for your contribution, you receive no goods or services.
Virtual Family Friendly Fundraiser
Feb 22 – 27
Empty Bowls Event Like Never Before
“Every day, hundreds of our neighbors struggle to put food on their table. Food insecurity is one of the early indicators of family economic crisis and PROP’s Empty Bowls event has always epitomized neighbors helping neighbors,” says PROP’s Executive Director, Janet Palmer. “This year, we are bringing the spirit of Empty Bowls to the community.”
We have something for the whole family! All proceeds from the virtual events go to PROP to help people in need.
Virtual Activities Through The Week
Soup of the Day Restaurant
Enjoy soup (and anything else) at our Restaurant of the Day. Here is the list of participating restaurants.
Enjoy a cozy evening of rich vocals and superb harmonies with “Food for the Soul” featuring the veteran stage and studio musicians of ‘2 Girls & A Boyd’.
Password to view concert: propfood
Classic games of BINGO all from the comfort of your own home! Play Online Bingo Here
Random Acts of Kindness
Surprise and delight someone today with a random act of kindness. Click Here for ideas
Virtual Openhouse Tours
Find out how a food shelf works and what your support really means! Schedule your personal tour by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Empty Bowls 2021 Sponsors
Thank you to our 2021 Empty Bowls Sponsors
American Family Insurance
Welu Home Team
St. Andrew Lutheran Church
Immanuel Lutheran Church
George Wolff VFW Post #425
Random Acts of Kindness
Here are a few simple things you can do to surprise and delight someone today :
- Be a good neighbour
- Send a card of thanks or positivity to a senior (send to our dear friends and wonderful Empty Bowls supporters at Summit Place! Summit Place Senior Campus, c/o Libby Jensen, 8501 Flying Cloud Dr., Eden Prairie, MN 55344)
- Run an errand for someone
- Shovel a walk and/or driveway for someone
- Walk a neighbour’s pet
- Drop off a meal (kit) with special recipe card
- Pay it Forward
- Pay for the person behind you at the drive through
- You’ve been PROP’d – Fill the Bowl for someone else
- Spread sunshine to your neighbours with this simple and easy “You’ve Been PROP’d” random act of kindness
- Complete HOW-TO with downloadable and printable signs & ideas, Click Here
- Spring Cleaning
- Donate old cell phones. You can donate them here-
- Donate winter clothing
- PROP Shop www.propshopep.org/donations
- Donate Blood
- Memorial Blood Center, schedule appointment :https://www.mbc.org/donate-blood/locations/
- American Red Cross : https://www.redcrossblood.org/give.html/drive-results?order=DATE&range=10&zipSponsor=55347
- Donate old eyeglasses to an organisation that will reuse them
- Minnesota Lions Vision Foundation : https://mnlerc.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Eyeglass-Recycling-Collection-List-12-20.pdf
- EDEN PRAIRIE Cub Foods, Eden Prairie City Hall, Eden Prairie Community Center, Eden Prairie Senior Center, Insight Vision Care, Jamison Optical, Jerry’s Food, Park Nicollet at Methodist Hospital, Pearl Vision – Eden Prairie Mall – 8251 Flying Cloud Dr, Summit Place, Target Vision- Eden Prairie Mall, The Colony, The Prop Shop, Wal-Mart Vision World
- Donate to a food shelf
- PROP Food Shelf : https://propfood.org/food-donations/
Your financial support helps stabilize a family, senior or individual in crisis (whether that means help with food, housing, employment, transportation, or even just provide a listening ear to help them navigate through).
Double your impact! Every dollar donated to this campaign, will be matched up to $25,000! This gift match opportunity runs December 1 – December 31st at midnight.
COVID RELIEF CAMPAIGN: GIFT CARDS
PROP is in need of gift cards, specifically to Cub Foods, Walmart, and Speedway gas station, in increments of $25.
Mail to: PROP, 14700 Martin Drive, Eden Prairie, MN 55344.
Back by popular demand, we are excited to share our Holiday Program for 2020. This special program provides seniors and families with kids $30 gift cards for the holiday. PROP clients love this program to help ease the financial burden they experience during the holiday and as one mom mentioned, it helps me “continue to pay extra towards the bills that have a past due balance AND STILL surprise my kids with something nice!”
Here’s how you can sponsor a child or senior this holiday!
Purchase Gift Card Online and have it sent directly to PROP.
Buy a $30 Target Gift Card* at any Target store and mail to PROP (14700 Martin Drive, Eden Prairie, MN 55344).
Most Needed Items:
- Canned Chicken
- Tomato Sauce (not pasta sauce)
Gluten free items:
- Snacks (chips, bars, etc.)
- Mixes (brownies, cakes etc.)
- Pancake mix
- Paper Towels
- Toilet Paper
- body wash
- Diapers size: 4, 5, 6, 7
- Pull-ups: Boys and Girls, T3-T4 and T4-T5
- Baby Wipes
For more information on what we could use, Click Here
Our office is accepting food donations, now with a no-contact method of delivery. Donations can be dropped off Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9:30am -1:00pm and Wednesday evening 4:00pm – 6:30pm. Once in our parking lot, please honk your horn and a volunteer will come to your vehicle to retrieve your donation. If no one arrives, please call our main office line at 952-937-9120.
*Unfortunately, due to the unavailability of key items, we are not able to put together an Amazon Wish List at this time.
EMPLOYMENT JOB BOARD
Welcome to PROP’s Virtual Employment Job Board which has job search resources and contains a list of local industries and employers with current job openings.
Job Search Resources
CareerForce is the local resource center offering assistance with all things related to job search including assistance applying for jobs, resume writing and review, and interview preparation. They have a number of employment counsellors on staff.
Local Employers with Job Openings
To find employers click on the industry you are interested in
Ebenezer – Senior Care homes in the local area with positions such as Resident Assistant, Culinary Assistant, Receptionist, Activities, Maintenance and Housekeeping
Ebenezer’s current openings available here (search by location)
Cherne – A division of the Oatey corporation, manufacturer of equipment and parts for use in the plumbing industry located in Shakopee
Apply online at www.oatey.com/careers or visit us during our Walk in Thursdays from 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. at our location at 2300 Vierling Dr. West in Shakopee, MN 55379
Lyman Lumber – manufacturer and largest supplier of prefinished mouldings, millwork, windows and doors in the Twin Cities. Located in Chanhassen.
Seek Careers/Staffing – offer connection to temporary, contract and temp-to-hire positions in the local area for jobs in manufacturing, entry level office/clerical or skilled trades.
Find available positions and apply here
First Student – Provider of school bus services for K-12 in Tonka Bay and across the entire metro area
First Student Careers Page (search under Minnesota location)
COKeM International – the country’s leading full-service, value-added distributor of video games and accessories. Located in Shakopee, MN
Reach out to Anna at email@example.com for information about open positions and to apply
Seniors Helping Seniors – In-home care services for seniors provided by retirees & seniors including companionship, transportation, meal preparation, yard work and light housekeeping. Part-time and Flexible work. Requires own transportation to senior homes in the local area.
If you are interesting in helping seniors with any of the services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 763-694-0165
Apply for Seniors Helping Seniors at this link
Mediacom Communications – Fifth largest Telecommunications provider in the US with local offices in Chanhassen providing business and residential services in the Twin Cities and surrounding area. Looking for Broadband installer techs and a wide variety of positions related to the business.
Search for open positions posted here
Shop HQ – television network entertainment shopping retailer has a variety of positions including call center customer service type work. Location in Eden Prairie
Find open positions at ShopHQ here – search under iMedia Headquarters located in Eden Prairie, here
We are brokenhearted and distraught over the senseless murder of George Floyd and the pain and trauma the Black community are experiencing.
PROP stands strong against racism, injustice, and inequality. We seek, in all we do, to be conscious of and address the deeply entrenched practices, cultural norms, and decision-making structures that perpetuate inequities. We align our policies, practices, and resources so that people of all races, cultures, and socioeconomic statuses have genuine opportunities to thrive. We create an environment in which everyone feels valued and respected. We inspire hope and provide support in a safe and dignified space.
PROP strives to improve the lives of our neighbors in need and is committed to work with those to bring racial justice and equity to all.