After two years of pandemic-derived challenges, rapidly rising food and living costs are now having a serious impact on PROP and the community members who depend on us. We are spending significantly more on purchased food to keep our shelves filled. New clients coming to PROP are sharing more challenging circumstances than ever before. All the while, donations to food shelves are perennially at their lowest because of summer vacations and time away.
It is for this reason the Open Your Heart to the Hungry and Homeless Fund is matching a portion of all financial gifts at PROP between July 1 – July 31. Our goal at PROP is to raise $50,000 toward this matching opportunity in July! Increase the impact of your giving to your neighbors in need by making a donation this month.
What your gift will do:
- $50: Feeds a family of four for a day
- $100: Gives a child a scholarship to participate in an enrichment activity like camp or swim lessons
- $250: Provides gas cards for 10 clients to attend job interviews
- $1000: Sponsors an entire day at the Food Shelf so everyone has food
- $1500: Keeps a family from becoming homeless through eviction and remain stably housed