March is Minnesota Food Share month! PROP invites you to participate in the statewide Minnesota FoodShare campaign to fight hunger in our community, where every dollar donated goes directly to food shelves to purchase food for the hungry.
- One in ten Minnesotans experience food insecurity.
- 13.8% of children in Minnesota are food insecure.
- About 10% od Minnesotans (12.7% of children) were in poverty in 2016.
- Over 3,000,000 visits were made to Minesota food shelves each year, 2011-2016, and visits in 2017 were in pace to likely meet or exceed this number.
- The number of food insecure seniors and seniors utilizing food shelves continues to increase.
Every pound of food and cash donation to PROP during the month of March is part of a matched pool of funds. The more PROP receives from the generosity of our community, the more matching funds we receive.
We rely on this campaign to help stock up our shelves to help feed our neighbors in need.
Here is the list of the most needed items.
There are many ways you can help:
- Drop off food at the PROP office at 14700 Martin Drive in Eden Prairie during open hours, Monday to Friday from 9:30 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. and Wednesday from 4:00 P.M. to 6:30 P.M.
- Host a food drive.
- Mail your donation or give securely online.
- Spread the word to others about the campaign in person, email, and social media.