Your involvement – as a volunteer, advocate, or donor – is vital. Your time, talents, and treasure provide tangible assistance and restore hope to your neighbors when they need it most.
We have weekly and one-time individual volunteer opportunities. Learn more.
In addition, we are seeking volunteers with subject matter expertise to help with short-term projects in the following areas: IT, phone systems, facility maintenance and electrical, graphic design, grant writing, event planning, and social work.
We also offer volunteer activities for small teams. The ideal group size is five to fifteen (5-15). Learn more.
Consider joining our Board of Directors or a committee. Contribute to setting the direction of PROP going forward and help implement the objectives of our Strategic Plan.
- Board of Directors – three year commitment
- Committees – one year commitment
- Gain insight into poverty as an economic and social concern in our community and share what you learn with others. We can offer a learning session on suburban poverty, including a poverty simulation. This can serve as a grounding before a volunteer experience. We also can give a general education lunch-and-learn session to any audience.
- Message five (5) friends via email or text to tell them why you support PROP and inspire them to do the same.
- Write a letter to the editor sharing why you support PROP.
- Follow us on Twitter and retweet our postings.
- Like us on Facebook and encourage your network to “like” and support us as well.
- Connect with us on LinkedIn.
Make a Financial Contribution
Host a Drive
We are always in need of supplies and popular items that seem to fly off our shelves. Think about including a drive as part of your birthday celebration or other special event. Create a competition. Set a goal and challenge others to help you meet it or take advantage of a natural rivalry and see who can collect the most…food, personal care items, or diapers. See more ideas.
Grow a Giving Garden
Have a little fun while doing some good at the same time. Plant a container, garden row, or whole garden to keep the food shelf stocked with fresh, healthy vegetables. Or, you can sponsor our client container gardening workshop.
Sponsor an Item or Event
Individuals, businesses or other organizations can sponsor a particular service or effort. You may want to buy all the milk for one month or 100 tubes of toothpaste. You also can sponsor our one annual fundraising event, Empty Bowls, planned for March 2015, or adopt a child or senior and give holiday gifts or back-to-school supplies. Thinking more creatively, you could underwrite our newsletter or annual report, or even sponsor a whole room.