Help finding employment
- Looking for a job or wanting to find a better job?
- Curious about what local jobs are available?
- Not sure where to begin with searching for a job opportunity that fits your needs, skills, and interests?
- Wanting help with writing or revising your resume or covering letter?
- Needing help with completing online applications?
- Interested in building new skills or updating your current work skills?
- Exploring a new career path?
- Wanting to practice your networking and interviewing skills?
Our Employment Counselor is here to support you!
Jenny Buckland is a certified Career and Life Coach and Human Resource professional. She believes that journeying effectively through job change takes a community. There is power in connecting with others, sharing ideas to create new opportunities, and being held accountable for taking action!
By Appointment Only
Call 952-937-9120 or email email@example.com to your one-one appointment today.
Jenny is available on Wednesdays from 9:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. and Thursdays from 9:30 A.M. to 1:30 P.M.
*Please note this not a job placement service.
What can you bring to your first appointment?
Work history and education information; resume (doesn’t matter if it is not up to date); references.
Money management mentoring
Our volunteer financial mentor will work with you individually wherever you are financially. Receive free support to help you make a budget, reduce or prioritize expenses and debt, or plan for the future. Based on feedback from past participants, you will feel “more in control” and “have a clear plan to success” when you leave.
By Appointment Only
- Call 952-937-9120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your first appointment.
- Morning times are available on Wednesdays.
What to Bring:
- Bank statement
- Pay stubs
*This is a short-term service that will not advise any financial decision-making.
Meet our Financial Mentor
Janis is a former Certified Public Accountant with over 35 years of experience in many aspects of both corporate and public accounting/finance. In addition to international finance and Securities Exchange Commission reporting, her experience includes budgeting, forecasting and preparation of individual income taxes. In tandem with her corporate career, she had been informally coaching and mentoring people on the fundamentals of personal finance and money management. She believes a strong financial foundation is an extremely important part of everyone’s well being and she is passionate about helping people to become and stay financially secure.
Social Security disability eligibility and application counseling
- Do you think you or a family member may qualify for disability benefits or has someone suggested this to you?
- Do you need help applying for disability benefits?
- Have you been denied before and don’t know what to do next?
- Are you working with an attorney and yet, still have questions about the application process?
Call our case manager, Gretchen Strate at 952-746-1892 or email her at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Workshops on container gardening and healthy eating
We offer workshops on gardening and nutrition so that clients will be better informed about how to grow their own fresh produce and how to prepare nutritious snacks, lunches and dinners on a budget. Call 952-937-9120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.